Dean of Faculty, Faculty Member, Chair of FDAC, Member Curriculum Committee
- BFA, MSW, Certified in Gestalt Therapy
- Developmental Somatic Psychotherapy
- NYS Licensed Massage Therapist 1990-2000
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker in Private Practice
- Faculty GTIP and Center for Somatic Studies
Karen received a BFA in Acting from NYU’s Tisch School of the Arts, as well as an MSW from NYU’s School of Social Work.She spent over a decade working as a performing artist and licensed massage therapist in NYC before becoming a psychotherapist in 2000. She is a Gestalt trainer, supervisor, and therapist in private practice. She also teaches Developmental Somatic Psychotherapy through The Center for Somatic Studies and is trained in Somatic Experiencing. Her work is guided by her belief in our capacity to find meaning and connection through the practice of compassionate, embodied, culturally aware presence. She is a white, cis woman, a mother, and spouse, and a second generation American, of Ashkenazi Jewish descent.