Dean of Students, Adjunct Faculty
- MSS, Bryn Mawr College Graduate School of Social Work and Social Research
- BA, Trinity University, International Studies and Biology
- Psychotherapist, Private Practice in King of Prussia
- Graduate, Pennsylvania Gestalt Center
- Trained in EMDR, Family Constellations
- Certified: Sand Tray Play Therapy, ages 3-12
Diverse in experience and thought, Intissar’s journey began in Tripoli, Libya and has since carried her all over the world. She lived in London while in boarding school and completed high school in San Antonio, TX, where she also earned her bachelor’s degree. She later moved to Pennsylvania in 1990, starting her family with her husband Nabil.
Intissar chose to spend the next 15 years raising her children, inspiring her next challenge of going back to school and obtaining her MSS. She is deeply grateful for the work she has chosen to do and full understands what it means to love one’s practice.
She loves to engage in learning and growing, actively expanding her capacity to hold space for herself and others. Intissar strongly believes in continuing to sit in the client chair, as others invite her to journey as their therapist.
Intissar appreciates contemplative practices, meditation and conversations on all matters of the heart.